Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm still here

So I realized that I haven't posted anything in quite some time! There are many excuses I could give for this. First, my internet at my house has been down for 2 weeks. I use wireless and for some reason when I changed internet providers, the wireless router decided to stop working. I just don't know what to do. That situation is where my knowledge siezes to exist. ( If you have any helpful hints, please feel free to share).
Excuse #2, I haven't had much to say. I have been extremely busy at work, now that the youth and children are back in school, it means more planning for events, more meetings at night at church and an overall chaos of what i'm going to put on the calendar for this school year for my children and youth. In this job, i face the challenges like a lot of my counterparts, trying to be less of an event planner, and more of a faith builder(totally made up title, by the way). But it's a tricky situation because to get youth and children to learn more about God and discover their own faith, you have to get them to the church somehow, hence the grand events on the calender to lure them in.
Anyways, excuse #3, I have been sick for over a week with this stupid sinus infection. But Glory to God, it's finally gone and I can start enjoying my life. Alright, on to the highlights of the past few weeks. I've gotten to spend some great time with my closest cousin, Jennie and her husband Rusty. I went and hung out with them in Greenville a few times, and they are gracious enough to house me when I'm in the upstate of SC. And then they came and stayed with me in IOP. What a wonderful time it has been. If you know me, then you know how important Jennie is to me. She is like my older sister, constantly giving me the advice and encouragement I need so I'm super thankful to get to spend more and more time with her and her husband, Rusty. I will attempt to attach some pics from their visit here. Okay, how about them Tigers???? Got to watch my Tigers beat up on FSU last night and what a great feeling to start a new football season that way. I'm really excited, because I get to go to the game this Saturday against our big rivals, University of Lousiana, Monroe! I kid, I kid. Although we are not big rivals, it will still be wonderful to get to see the Tigers play, I think it's been 3 years since i've been to a game at Clemson! By the way, the final update of my life, is that I've finally joined the Jazzercise place in Mt. Pleasant and am LOVING IT!! I heart Jazzercise and I'm so glad to be doing it again. And of couse, leave it to me, to go to this random, facility, and run into someone I know. I tell ya, tis truly a small world!

No comments: