Thursday, August 9, 2007

SHARK ATTACK!!!

So for the past 2 days I've spent a considerable amount of time in the ocean. Yesterday I was with some of the girls from my youth group, surfing. Okay, if you know me at all, then you know that they were the ones actually doing the surfing and I was just playing in the water while they showed me the skills. Today my friend Thomas from newberry came to visit and since Thursdays are my day off, he and I went to the beach for the afternoon and body surfed and such. So I get home tonight and Thomas informs me about this. http://www.live5news.com/news/state/9069416.html 2 shark attacks off the shore of Isle of Palms today. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so while I was goofing off in the murky water, people's flesh became appetizing to the sharks swimming around me. I'm not okay with this. Actually it got me thinking. For the past 2 days, I've been talking about how the waves have been amazing for IOP. We usually have pretty small waves but because of the new moon, they have been abnormally large. Well I guess the jokes on me. As pleasing as the ocean was, there was danger close by. Because of the great waves, the water was extremely murky so there would be no way to see sharks nearby. Can't we all say that our lives are sometimes like that water. The other day, a friend of mine told me that her friends lost their 15 month old baby. Three days ago, another friend told me that me about her mother who has terminal cancer. Horrible, horrible things that could turn anyone against God and life in general. There are continuous things that come to us in our lives just when life seems to be perfect. We often say, how can this happen to us? Why me, God? I don't have the answer to that but i do know that if we live our lives in fear then we are unable to truly enjoy the moments that we have. We may not have the answers but can rely on our faith in God to provide us with comfort and love. When I got into the ocean, I knew that there were sharks in there but I didn't allow that to scare me out of the water. We must dive in, enjoy the moment and if we are placed with obstacles, like some of our flesh gone, then we take care of it but we don't stop enjoying the things in life that we are blessed with. May we each constantly collide into the water...

1 comment:

The WalkerCraigs said...

Yep, Jason and I were playing around on Folly one day when a guy pulled in a shark less than fifty yards from us! Freaky!!!